On January 21, 1909, Lincoln District was organized, and a one-room wood school was soon built on present=day Alluvial Avenue between Frist Street and Millbrook Avenue in Fresno. The new Lincoln Grammar School, named after President Abraham Lincoln, consisted of one room and one teacher who taught all eight grades.
The course of Lincoln's history was forever changed Sunday afternoon, October 29, 1944, when the school was destroyed by fire. All 45 students in the new district attended school at the 1906 Fort Washington School facility.
On December 22, 1959, Fort Washington-Lincoln was one of seven districts to unify to become the Clovis Unified School District. At that time Fort Washington-Lincoln had about 100 students from grades one through eight.
Work began in 1977 to build a new Lincoln Elementary School, in honor of and located near the original 1909 school location. Lincoln officially re-opened in 1983, thirty-nine years after the fire destroyed the original building.
We believe all students can learn and can become responsible, life-long learners. We set high standards for student achievement and expect all students to achieve. We educate for success and are committed to the development of creative thinkers and problem solvers.